Mars, Incorporated and The Procter & Gamble Company announce that Mars has agreed to buy the IAMS, EUKANUBA, and NATURA brands in major markets for US$2.9 Billion in cash. This is a significant strategic move for Mars Petcare to complement its large and growing global Petcare business.
The companies expect to complete the transaction in the second-half of 2014, subject to regulatory approvals.
Clorox launched it’s largest Twitter campaign ever this week with its Ick Awards. Clorox partnered with Saturday Night Live’s Rachel Draft, and Second City’s Improvisation troupe to reenact parents winning nominations. Jennifer McKnight, Clorox’s Associate Marketing Director says they “have been doing a lot of things on Twitter in the past year.” Check it out @Clorox, #Ickies.
Registration is open for the 2014 Industry Coupon Conference; “The Wonderful World of Coupons, Imagine; Innovation, Insight, Interaction” at the Hilton in Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, FL, April 22-24, 2014.
The ever-changing coupon industry is evolving with new technologies, shifting consumer behavior, in an unpredictable economy. There is much to see, hear, and learn at the Industry Coupon Conference including:
- Consumer Panel – Hear it from the source. In this live consumer panel attendees will engage some “All You” consumer members in a discussion about their coupon use and shopping habits.
- “Understanding the Male Shopper: How They Plan, Shop, Buy and Share.” Therese Mulvey, Vice President, Marketing Intelligence, Valassis shares insights on male shoppers, their growth, attributes and what influences them.
- David Diamond, President David Diamond Associates, an industry consultant with extensive experience in retail, packaged goods and coupons will discuss “Emerging Technologies” and its impact on targeting, personalization and the ability to analyze and react to consumer response that is changing coupon promotions… and it can be executed with traditional paper, Internet printables and digital vehicles.
- Mark Heckman, a consultant with expertise in digital technology & content, customer loyalty programs and retail marketing, will be back again to moderate a Digital Coupon Panel with digital coupon leaders that will explore the successes, opportunities and challenges of this emerging coupon vehicle.
- Health and wellness initiatives utilizing healthcare providers distributing targeted coupons are emerging. In a case study format learn how to pair content and incentives to encourage healthier choices that result in impressive new user acquisition and repeat purchases while traversing the unique rules and regulations unique to this new distribution vehicle.
- Interesting case studies, demonstrating innovation and success in various coupon vehicles.
- Back again will be an afternoon of track sessions where attendees can choose from presentations tailored to their specific interests including: Digital Coupons, Redemption trends, Counterfeit Coupons, and Coupon Guidelines updates.
Plus- much more, including unique research, the latest trends and innovations that can’t be found anywhere else but the Industry Coupon Conference
This is the only conference dedicated exclusively to coupons in 2014. The conference was developed under the leadership of the Association of Coupon Professionals in collaboration with the Food Marketing Institute, the Grocery Manufacturers of America, GS1 US, Coupon information Center and the Promotion Marketing Association.
For more information visit www.couponpros.org, or contact John Morgan, Executive Director of ACP, at 610-789-9993 or John.Morgan@acp-hq.org.
The Pulse Beverage Corp. is expanding its product line with the additions of Natural Cabana coconut water and Natural Cabana pineapple coconut water. Natural Cabana coconut water contains only 60 calories and 10 grams of sugar per serving.
“Coconut water has rapidly become its own category, and we are able to introduce a product that contains high-quality ingredients, superior taste, and competitive pricing that appeals to a broad and diverse marketplace,” said Bob Yates, chief executive officer of Pulse.
Maple Leaf Foods, Inc. is now throwing its hat into the Meat-based snacks ring with the launch of Protinis.
Currently available only in Canada, the new line of products is available in eight varieties, including: chicken and superfruit, which combines pieces of roasted chicken with blueberries and cranberries; oven roasted chicken; chicken and cranberries; mild salsa chicken; chicken and mango; honey garlic chicken; chicken apple; and sweet Thai chili chicken.
To read the entire article, click here. Or visit www.protinis.com/en.
Grant F. Reid will succeed Paul S. Michaels as president of Mars, Inc., following Mr. Michaels’ retirement in December.
As global president of the Mars Chocolate business segment, Mr. Grant oversees a team of 17,000 employees. He has led the segment to achieve consistent growth in developing and emerging markets and has helped spearhead the company’s cocoa sustainability initiative. His experience has included sales, marketing, commercial, manufacturing and general management across several Mars business segments.
Mr. Grant will step into a co-president role with Mr. Michaels effective July 2 before formally assuming the position in January 2015.
MEXICO CITY — Grupo Bimbo, S.A.B. de C.V. said it has received approval from the U.S. Department of Justice to acquire Canada Bread Company, Ltd. The transaction was approved by the Canadian Competition Bureau on March 18, but still awaits the approval from the Canadian Minister of Industry for the closing of the acquisition, which is expected during the second quarter.
For the complete story, click here.
Mondelez International unveils a plan to improve the well-being of the planet and its people – from farmers to consumers. The holistic Call for Well-being strategy will significantly broaden the reach and impact of the company’s worldwide programs, starting with new global nutrition targets across its product portfolio.
MillerCoors increases digital video spending in online and mobile marketing by 50% in 2014. Campaigns will run on AOL, Comedy Central, Spotify, and The Weather Company. They are pairing experiential marketing with digital programs such as a music tour, “Follow the Moon” on Spotify, for Blue Moon. The tour will be timed with full moons in five cities.
Michael Sands, co-founder of Rickland Orchards, has been named to the newly created post of executive vice-president of snacks for B&G Foods, Inc.
For the full story, please click here.